This website is published by the Royal Oak Hotel
We operate as a Business Partnership
Our registered address is 123, High Street, Great Ayton, North Yorkshire, TS9 6BW
When you use this website the following terms and conditions apply to your visit.
The Royal Oak Hotel owns the intellectual property rights to this website and all rights are reserved. You are permitted to view, cache and print pages for personal use but you must not:
- Republish any material from this website without our permission.
- Sell, reproduce, copy or rent any material from this website for commercial purposes.
The Royal Oak Hotel acknowledges all registered trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners. We give no permission for the use of any trademarks.
Law and jurisdiction
You agree not to use this website in any way that:
- Damages or affects the availability or accessibility of the website.
- Is illegal, fraudulent or harmful or in connection with any unlawful harmful purpose or activity.
- Facilitates the spread of spyware, computer viruses, worms, keyloggers, rootkits or other malicious computer software.
- Collects data including, but not limited to, website scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting without our permission.
- Transmits or sends unsolicited email or other communications.
If you access restricted areas of this website you must ensure your username and password information remains confidential.
We reserve the right to disable or delete your access without notice or explanation.
Links to other websites
This website includes links to other websites. Except where specifically stated these links are not recommendations. You acknowledge that:
- We do not approve, monitor or control the identity, credit worthiness, security or accuracy of any information published on other websites.
- We are not responsible for any goods or services you may have entered into as a result of leaving this website.
- The Royal Oak Hotel publishes some information supplied by third parties that we do not check, audit or monitor for accuracy and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, mediation or obligation arising from contracts entered into as a result of your visit to any other website.
We do not warrant any information published on this website is accurate, complete or up-to-date or that the website will available.
To the extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
This website, information and services are provided free and we do not accept liability for any loss or damage of any nature. Specifically, we will not be liable for:
- Any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- Any business losses, including, but without limitation, loss of profits, income, or goodwill.
- Any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- Any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Block computers using your IP address from accessing this website
- Contact your internet services provider and request they block your access to this website.
- Take out court proceedings against you.
Offers and Promotions
From time to time the Royal Oak may offer promotional discounts and special offers to customers. These deals are subject to, but not limited to the following general terms:
- All Promotions and Offers advertised are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice or on peak days of the year
- Availability and eligibility are limited to the dates and times applicable
- Only available on selected menus and products (no alternatives available)
- Promotions relating to main courses do not include any additional toppings, sauces or extra side dishes
- Promotions are not valid for meals to takeaway unless they specifically state this exception
- All purchases must be complete over the duration of the offer (purchases left on bills/tabs will revert to standard price at the end of the deal period unless paid in full)
- Any corresponding vouchers required in connection with an offer must be presented prior to paying and be in its original state. Photocopies or damaged vouchers will not be accepted
- Vouchers have a cash value of £0.01
- Change cannot be given against voucher purchases
- All vouchers presented must be within the valid dates as detailed
- Promotions may not be used in conjunction with one another
Table/Party reservations are subject to the following terms:
- Reservations are for a maximum of 2 hours from the time booked unless specified in your booking confirmation
- Reservations can only be made for diners. Guests wishing to simply enjoy a drink cannot book tables in advance, but will be allocated an unreserved table on arrival
- Tables will only be held for a maximum of 20 minutes from the time booked. Late arrivals may lose their booking if they have not infirmed us, by telephone, of a delay in arrival
- You do not need to specify the number of adults or children dining, unless the children require a high chair
- You are requested to let us know if you are bringing your dog, so we can allocate a table in a dog friendly area. We may not be able to honour bookings that include unexpected dogs
- Please let us know if you have any access issues we may need to consider, such as no stairs, room for a wheelchair/pushchair etc. This helps us to allocate an appropriate table prior to your arrival
- All food and drink will be added to a bill for payment at the end of your meal. We cannot split bills by individual items, for parties of 6 or more. All bills are itemised so you are free to work out how much each party member wishes to pay from the bill
- All reserved tables are indoors. You are free to move to an outdoor table if you choose to upon arrival and subject to availability. We reserve the right to reallocate your original indoor table. This original indoor table may not be available again once it has been surrendered
- Party bookings are limited to a single menu. We cannot offer dishes from more than one menu per event, with the exception of children, who are welcome to order from the Little Acorns menu
- A deposit is required for all parties requesting a buffet menu, afternoon tea or booking any event during peak periods. We will kindly ask for up to £10 per head and will be in touch if this applies to your booking. Any deposit paid will be discounted from your final bill. Failure to pay a requested deposit within 4-weeks of your reservation date may result in your reservation being cancelled
- We reserve the right to retain any deposit paid against reservations for guests who do not show on the day and have failed to inform us 7-days in advance of their reservation. This charge is to cover the cost of goods already incurred by the business, and our inability to re-sell any table at late notice
- We may request a pre-order ahead of your party booking of 12 or more guests, so that we can guarantee each guest their first choice of meal. If a pre-order is required the party organiser can submit this as late as 4-days prior to your event
- Menu prices are subject to change. Guests are advised to view current menus ahead of their reservation and ahead of submitting a pre-order. The Private Dining Menus are the only menus that offer a price guarantee for up to 6-months prior to the reservation. All other menu selections will be priced in line with current published menus
- All party events are protected by a 7-day cancellation period, prior to which there is no charge for cancellation. In the event that we cannot fulfil your booking and have to cancel, we will offer a full refund of any deposit paid
This page is updated from time to time.